How we can help
Community Navigators Bristol offers free signposting and support to people over 50 who want to feel more involved in their community.
Who is the service for?
Bristol people who are over 50.
Who can make a referral?
You can refer yourself. Read more about referring yourself here to see if the service is right for you.
Or you can make a referral on behalf of someone you know, either personally or professionally. Read more about referring another person here.
What is Community Navigators Bristol?
Our friendly, trained navigators will:
- Take time to get to know you and find out what’s important to you. They might visit you at home a few times so they can support you personally.
- Share information with you about what’s happening locally to help you get involved in things you’re interested in. This might include meeting people; rekindling old hobbies; becoming more active; volunteering; or learning something new.
- Tackle any concerns you might have about getting out and about – like safety, transport or money worries – by linking you up with other local community groups.
- Offer extra support if you feel nervous. They can come along with you when you try something for the first time.
“Community Navigators is an absolutely amazing service. I was living alone after my husband passed away, and I was feeling very isolated, low and depressed. I didn’t go out at all. But when my Community Navigator made contact I felt like I could talk to her without being judged. She signposted me to lots of different things – befriending, help with my garden, coffee morning, lunch club, housing options and helped me access financial support and counselling. It was a relief to have someone to hold my hand while I took baby steps. It made it easier for me to try things on my own.” ‘Sandra’, aged 66
What don’t we provide?
- Practical assistance such as DIY, shopping or gardening
- Assist with legal or banking administration
- Long-term support
Get in touch with us and we can point you in the right direction.
Is the service free?
Yes. The service provides short-term support and is completely free. It’s available to people in their home or via phone appointments.
Who provides the service?
Community Navigators Bristol is run by a partnership of trusted local organisations and funded by Bristol Ageing Better.