How we can help
Community Navigators Bristol offers free signposting and support to people over 50 and for people over 18 with a learning disability who want to feel more involved in their community.
Who is the service for?
Bristol people who are over 50, or anyone over the age of 18 with a learning disability.
Who can make a referral?
You can refer yourself or you can make a referral on behalf of someone you know, either personally or professionally. Get in touch to make a referral and see whether the service is right for you.
What is Community Navigators Bristol?
Our friendly, trained navigators will:
- Take time to get to know you and find out what’s important to you. They might visit you at home a few times so they can support you personally.
- Share information with you about what’s happening locally to help you get involved in things you’re interested in. This might include meeting people; rekindling old hobbies; becoming more active; volunteering; or learning something new.
- Tackle any concerns you might have about getting out and about – like safety, transport or money worries – by linking you up with other local community groups.
- Offer extra support if you feel nervous. They can come along with you when you try something for the first time.
“Community Navigators is an absolutely amazing service. I was living alone after my husband passed away, and I was feeling very isolated, low and depressed. I didn’t go out at all. But when my Community Navigator made contact I felt like I could talk to her without being judged. She signposted me to lots of different things – befriending, help with my garden, coffee morning, lunch club, housing options and helped me access financial support and counselling. It was a relief to have someone to hold my hand while I took baby steps. It made it easier for me to try things on my own.” ‘Sandra’, aged 66
What don’t we provide?
- Practical assistance such as DIY, shopping or gardening
- Assist with legal or banking administration
- Long-term support
Get in touch with us and we can point you in the right direction.
Is the service free?
Yes. The service provides short-term support and is completely free. It’s available to people in their home or via phone appointments.
Who provides the service?
Community Navigators Bristol is run by a partnership of trusted local organisations and funded by Bristol Ageing Better.